Good day everyone and a late Happy New Year to you! I can’t believe that the first week of January is over already and my God has it been stressful! But before we talk about the start of this year, let’s take a look at how I got on last year!
Last year I hoped to:
- Learn how to drive
- Learn how to cook
- Get back into art
Did I achieve any of it? Well originally my answer was a big fat no but the more I thought about it, the more I realised that I actually achieved more than I thought I did. I did not learn how to drive, that is a definite fat no. I kept putting it off and off and off and then when I was considering it seriously the whole new job thing happened and I was so busy focusing on that that driving took a back seat (no pun intended).
Learning how to cook also was a fail, though I did stretch my cooking knowledge slightly as I learned how to do scrambled eggs, pancakes, fudge, cream stew and some other dishes. Not anywhere near as much as I had hoped though.
Last but not least was getting back into art which was somewhat of a fail. I bought myself quite a few art supplies too but still never picked up a pencil…Despite that I feel like I have been more creative this year! I started a scrapbook which I am having a lot of fun with and after a few months of being out of it, have just got back into it and bought some more supplies! I updated my blog layout and designed some stuff on it, and have been more creative with my blog content. I also did my first ever cosplay which had me creating some props from scratch! So okay, my drawing intention went out the window but I feel that I was creative in other aspects.
Let’s do a quick recap of what I got up to in 2016:
- 1st January – Spent first New Year’s with R as a couple. 🙂
- 31st January – Learnt how to make American-style Breakfast Pancakes!
- 13th February – 1st Year Anniversary with R. 😀
- 19th February – Purchased long-awaited gaming computer!
- 20th February – R departed for America for 4 weeks. 😦
- 4th March – Learnt how to make Japanese Cream Stew!
- 22nd March – R returned from America! 🙂
- 23rd March – Received a ring for the first time! ♥
- 25th March – Visited Lacock Village for the first time.
- 6th April – Learnt how to make Scrambled Egg!
- 10th April – Updated blog layout!
- 16th April – Added a banner to blog!
- 23rd April – ‘Restarted beauty blog’ – uploaded first beauty review to kawaiikanae.com.
- 25th April – Sat exam for Computerised Accountancy course.
- 29th April – Reached savings goal!
- 29th April-3rd May – Visited R (went to Cambridge and Norwich, and ate at Bills Restaurant, Byron Burger, Yo! Sushi and Jamie Oliver’s Italian Restaurant for the first time). ♥
- 12th May – Passed Computerised Accountancy exam!!
- 14th May – My niece turned one!
- 9th June – Reunion with my aunt and cousins (haven’t seen for 10 years)!
- 11th June – Went to Weymouth with R.
- 18th June – Learnt how to make Rainbow Fudge!
- 19th June – Learnt how to make One Pan Chicken and Vegetables!
- 25th June – Went off-roading in the Land Rover for the first time with R! 🙂
- 2nd July – Took Wally for a walk and rode in a tractor both for the first time. 🙂
- 9th July – R departed for Canada for 3 weeks. 😦
- 15th July – Had Afternoon Tea at Hello Kitty café in London!
- 16th July – Made Cosplay debut!~
- 15th-17th July – Went to London for Hyper Japan!
- 26th July – House and pet sat for the first time.
- 1st August – R returned from Canada! 🙂
- 13th August – Went to Marwell Zoo with R (and watched sun set for the first time). 🙂
- 28th August – Went to The Great Dorset Steam Fair for the first time with R! 🙂
- 12th September – Left my job.
- 14th-17th September – Visited R and went to the Land Rover Owner International Show for the first time. 🙂
- 18th September – R departed for Sweden for 2 weeks. 😦
- 20th September – Got offered a new job! 🙂
- 29th September – Went to the spa.
- 3rd October – Started new job! 🙂
- 9th October – Visited Lacock Abbey for the first time with R.
- 23rd October – Released first ever discount code for readers of my blog!
- 29th October – Had a family Halloween party!
- 4th November – My birthday!
- 1st December – Visited mum.
- 9th December – Went to first official work Christmas meal.
- 17th December – Went to Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park for the first time with R! 🙂
- 27th December – Went to Imber village for the first time with R.
- 28th December – Went to Longleat Safari Park for the Festival of Lights with R! 🙂
- 31st December – Spent NYE with R. ♥
- HELLO 2017!!!
This year I felt like I did a lot more in terms of travelling and eating! Two of my favourite things and I’m not afraid to admit it! I had a fun year and made a lot of memories, there were some difficult and scary moments but thankfully I pulled through with an even better outcome. I reached my savings goal, invested more in my blog, passed my Computerised Accountancy exam, left my job and got a new one (which I am new utilising my course skills in), and my relationship is stronger than ever! I feel like I have achieved a lot even if they had little to do with my resolutions!
Whilst we’re on the subject of 2016, here as a random photo post of my final moments of last year!It’s Wally Dog!!! I love this dog so very much and he loves me too! Here he is sitting on my lap having a cuddle in front of the fire; whenever you sit on the floor he climbs on, it’s something he has done ever since he was a puppy!!Christmas!! A few Instagram photos, first off my pyjamas that I wore Christmas Eve and then some photos from Christmas Day! My make-up for the day which I kept simple and classic with red lips to match my santa hat! I sent a photo of these chocolates I got to my colleague because I knew she’d be jealous since she loves them haha and then we have THE CHRISTMAS DINNER. We had turkey crown and beef! SO GOOD!!!I was actually rather sad and grumpy on Christmas Day, tbh I think it was a combination of missing my mum, missing the way Christmas used to be and missing R (who was at home with his own family for the day). I cheered up when I visited him in the evening and we played games and ate yummy cheese – Wally was also very interested in the cheese.So…we still have Geraldine standing in our garden haha. My dad thought it would be fun to give her a festive touch and one morning we had really cold, heavy frost and I thought it looked like a Christmas card! I took a photo and told my brother that it was a shame we didn’t have frost earlier as we could’ve sent this as a Christmas card to everyone haha.On the 27th we took a little journey to Imber village; R really wanted to visit because apparently it only opens around Christmas time and another time of the year. Imber is a deserted village located in military training grounds. The residents were evicted so that the area could be used as an exercise area for troops and when the war ended the residents were refused entry to the village, and still are to this day. You’re not allowed to enter the houses or the grounds (though many ignore this and still do) and usually the church is closed but this time it was open, selling coffee and such for people to visit. We weren’t there for very long because it’s not very big and sadly it was packed with people which removed the eerie feel that it was supposed to have but it was still rather interesting. We got the car good and dirty too on the way there.This is my Longleat selfie (forgot to upload it on the Longleat post) but I recently downloaded an app called Snow app and you can take fun photos and videos with animated accessories! I didn’t edit my face at all because the app does it automatically and I thought the lion feature was most fitting for the day!!We went shopping one final time before R went home, knowing that I wasn’t going to see a shop for weeks on end I decided to take advantage and spent my Boots voucher as well as my Christmas bonus! I found Pikachu clothing and underwear!!Then on NYE we were VERY boring; I know a lot of people enjoy going out and getting drunk but having a hangover on the first day of the year is not what I like the sound of. We stayed at mine since everyone was out and R spent the majority of the evening playing James Bond on his Gamecube whilst I did some blogging. When I could finally drag him off with complaints, we cracked open a bottle of shloer (wild) and watched the fireworks on TV, toasting to 2017!
2017 has had a boring and stressful start but that’s January isn’t it? Back to reality! So what are my resolutions for this year?
- To learn how to drive
- To learn how to cook
- To get back into art
Yup that’s right! The same resolutions as last year since I didn’t fulfil them and I really want to haha but I’ll also add:
- To go abroad – I so desperately want to go on holiday abroad somewhere even for a few days, so I have some plans for this year!! It’s not fair that R gets to go abroad many times a year!!
- Cosplay more – I really enjoyed cosplaying Lala last year so this year I plan to do some more cosplay for fun!
- Start vlogging – I really wouldn’t mind starting a vlog channel to upload some video footage of the places I go to since I do travel a lot so it might be just as interesting!
So that’s about it since apart from driving and learning to cook, I’m quite settled in other aspects of my life. Hopefully (though I say this every year) things will be more exciting and adventurous this year but I’m not going to put it down as a goal as I know it isn’t as easily achieveable as my other resolutions. I’ve been incredibly blue since R has gone back home and everything has gone back to the boring norm but I’ll keep my chin up that exciting things will come my way!
Anyway that’s it for this post, what are your 2017 resolutions?? Thanks again for sticking with me for another year! Until next time~♥